Scripture- John 20:30-31
- What is the purpose of the book?
- Why was this written?
- What is meant by the Christ, the Son of God? (John 1:41, John 1:34)
- What does it mean to believe and have life? (John 3:15-16, John 5:40, John 6:53, John 10:10)
To believe that Jesus is the Christ is to believe that He is the only hope to be in right relationship with God. Apart from Jesus perfect life, sacrificial death, and resurrection there is no forgiveness of sins and therefore no life. To believe is to trust that the anointed Son of God is sufficient to please God and to live in submission to Him is actually life.
- Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ?
- How does that reality change decisions in your life?