John 1:1-5, 14
- When was the Word? (v.1)
- Who was the Word with? (v.1)
- The Word was who? (v.1)
- What was made through Him? (v.3)
- What is in Him? (v.4)
- What is the life? (v.4)
- What does the light do? (v.5)
Because of sin our world and our hearts are full of darkness. We see this in our neighborhoods and in our homes. But we have hope that no matter how dark it gets in the world that it can never snuff out the light. The light of Jesus exposes and pushes back the darkness in our world and in our hearts and leads us into a new way of living and thinking. That is good news.
- What are some examples of darkness in your world?
- How can the light of Christ (the gospel) expose and/or push back that darkness?
In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. – John 1:4-5