We want our mentors to be as ready and equipped as possible. Relationships are all unique and intricate, but our staff is here to support the mentors in the good times and the hard times. From the very beginning, we want mentors to be as informed as possible about relational ministry in South Dallas.
Here are the steps required to become a mentor:
1. Attend a Champions of Hope Information Session- We will share information, answer questions, and make our application packets available (dates below). Click here to register.
2. Complete Ministry Safe Training- Staff will email link to video after attending orientation.
3. Complete online application packet to Champions of Hope- Staff will email link to application. Also go on line to complete the Dallas ISD Volunteer Background Check- please print Confirmation Page. http://www.dallasisd.org/domain/10416
3. Interview with Champions Staff- A mentor coordinator will call or email to schedule an hour interview that will be in South Dallas.
4. Meet the child and their family- This is where the commitment to mentor is made. When we set up an initial meeting for you to meet the child and their guardians, you are committing to mentor that child for a minimum of two years.
Screening: Applicants must pass a criminal background check and complete an interview. Applicants are also reviewed on their past experience and commitments in volunteering with children, their expressed reasons for wanting to mentor, and their overall display of passion, authenticity, and desire to be challenged and transformed through the mentoring relationship. Applicants who do not seem fit for mentoring are not matched with a student.
Check back next month for opportunities to attend an Information Session.