The Main Focus: The Samaritan Woman
All of us are in search of fulfillment, something in our lives that bring happiness and a sense of worth. We find this in a lot of different ways but if we do not find this in God, we are left unfulfilled. In this passage the Samaritan woman think all she needs is physical water while what she desperately needs is living water, found in Christ.
Key Passages: John 4:1-15
Scripture & Discussion:
- Why had Jesus left Judea (v. 1-3)
- Why did Jesus ask the woman for a drink? (v.7-8)
- Was this normal for Him to ask her for a drink? (v.9)
- What two types of water is being spoken of? (v.10-12)
- What is the result of the two waters? (v.13-14)
We like the Samaritan woman are in desperate need of living water, the Son of God, who provides eternal life through belief in Him. We also like her are in that we only seek temporary needs until He reveals Himself to us. Once He reveals Himself, we can like her as God for forgiveness and trust Him.
- What would you need to have the good life ?
- What do you desire that will just make you thirsty again?
Jesus said to her Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. – John 4:13-14